From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
Top practices for instructors
- Provide opportunities for involvement with research early on.
- Reflect on and learn more about personal prejudices and values.
- Incorporate heterodox theories of economics into curricula.
- Provide opportunities to get to know students personally.
- Share these study tips.
- Be aware of a third theory of discrimination.
- Use cooperative learning.
- Avoid stereotype threat.
- Consider the impact of wait time during classroom activities.
- Promote inclusive communication.
- Employ technology wisely.
- Incorporate service learning.
- Incorporate cultural diversity into teaching practices